Reports continue to surface that various individuals and organizations are targeting the oil and gas industry with recruitment fraud. In an effort to help protect you, Western Midstream is posting this important information aimed at reducing the occurrence of recruitment fraud.
What is Recruitment Fraud?
Recruitment fraud can take many forms. One common form is the establishment of a counterfeit website featuring the oil and gas company’s name, logo, and certain contact information. The perpetrators of this type of fraud hope that internet users will log on to the Web site and submit personal information on the recruiting Web page, or call a bogus contact number, which will result in the caller receiving excessive long-distance charges.
Another common form of recruitment fraud is the issuance of emails purporting to be from the oil and natural gas company. These emails will request the recipient to reply with an email containing personal information or to log onto a counterfeit web site and submit personal information.
An additional form of recruitment fraud consists of sending emails purporting to be from independent recruiters. These emails will request the payment of money in order to secure a position with the oil and natural gas company or to cover travel expenses or visa fees. The purported recruiters are fraudulent and will retain the money without providing any promised services.
Protections against Recruitment Fraud
To avoid recruitment fraud, please keep the following in mind:
- Western Midstream emails always end in "@westernmidsteam.com." Any email styled with "Western Midstream" using a different format is not genuine. Western Midstream will never request a prospective applicant to email information to an email address not ending in "@westernmidstream.com.”
- Western Midstream's Web site pages always begin with http://www.westernmidstream.com. Any other format is not genuine. Western Midstream will never request a prospective applicant to visit a website with any address other than www.westernmidstream.com.
- Western Midstream never requires applicants to submit money to Western Midstream or its outside recruiters in order to pay for travel, immigration, or other fees or expenses.
If you experience any of the foregoing, please treat the communication as fraudulent and forward it to Western Midstream's attention as noted below.
Questions and Reporting Suspected Recruitment Fraud
If you ever have doubts regarding the legitimacy of an email communication, Web site, or any other relevant issue relating to Western Midstream, please email your concern or question to: MediaInquiries@WesternMidstream.com. Include contact information so that we may communicate with you directly.
Western Midstream will strive to investigate the situation and have corrective action taken. When sending emails, please adhere to the following:
- Attach Original Message – Please generate a new message and send the original questionable message as an attachment.
- Preserve Original Message – Please do not change the original subject line of the email you received or edit the message content in any way.
- Save the original message for 30 days to assist further investigation as necessary.