Health, Safety & Environment
In partnership with Occidental, Western Midstream manages and operates its assets consistent with our core values in order to ensure the health and safety of our employees, contractors, and the communities we live in as well as to protect the environment.
A safety-first culture is a way of life at Western Midstream and Occidental. Whenever we undertake a new project, we work to understand the potential social, environmental and cultural impacts on the surrounding area. We then create a plan that appropriately balances the need for new energy development and innovative technologies and processes to protect human health and the environment. Fundamental to our operating philosophy is a commitment to adhere to the strictest applicable standards, whether they are found in state or federal regulations, Occidental's own policies and principles, or industry best practices.
Western Midstream and Occidental work hard to make a positive difference by:
- Participating in wildlife studies to understand migration patterns of wildlife and to preserve habitats
- Reducing the surface area occupied by our facilities
- Developing comprehensive water-management plans that conserve water and eliminate significant truck traffic and associated emissions
- Creating new wetlands that maintain viable fisheries and provide much-needed water for wildlife
- Finding ways to proactively reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Earning the EPA’s Energy STAR designation for efforts to conserve energy at its headquarters and other facilities
We are committed to operating and conducting our business the right way for all of our stakeholders and the environment.
The Environmental Partnership
Western Midstream is a founding member of The Environmental Partnership whose members include natural gas and oil producers responsible for a significant portion of American energy resources. Participating companies have promised to implement certain voluntary programs including:
- Leak Program for Natural Gas and Oil Production Sources
- Program to Replace, Remove or Retrofit High-Bleed Pneumatic Controllers
- Program for Manual Liquids Unloading for Natural Gas Production Sources
Please visit www.call811.com before you dig for more safety information.